Table Of Contents
- 1 How Long Does It Take For Natural Hair To Grow
- 1.1 How Long Does It Take For Natural Hair To Grow
- 1.2 How Can I Make My African Hair Grow Faster?
- 1.3 How Long Does It Take For Natural Hair Color To Grow Back
- 1.4 How Long Does Black Hair Take To Grow?
- 1.5 How Long Does It Take For Human Hair To Grow?
- 1.6 How Long Does It Take To Grow Waist Length Hair
How Long Does It Take For Natural Hair To Grow
We live in societies where physical appearance is important. We pay attention to our bodies, to our clothes, to the good look of our nails or how we care for our skin … Still, hair is among the first standards of beauty, and women as well as men everywhere to want Ways To Grow Your Natural Hair Longer And Stronger.
Generally, we are never happy with the way our hair looks: too curly, too sleek, too light or too dark, our hair never satisfies us. And when you decide to Make Your Hair Grow Faster, we often this intriguing question: How Long Does It Take For Natural Hair To Grow? And How long will I have to wait?
How Long Does It Take For Natural Hair To Grow
How Long Does It Take For Natural Hair To Grow depends on several factors, such as age, gender, health status, diet, and ethnicity. But overall, experts agree that hair grows an average of 1 cm per month.
This figure corresponds to the Caucasian type. People of Asian descent, who usually have black hair, thin and smooth, can have their hair lengthen up to 1.5 cm per month. In contrast, the thick and frizzy hair of people of African origin grows more slowly, only about 0.8 cm per month.
The time of the year also affects How Long Does It Take For Natural Hair To Grow. We usually notice that the hair grows faster in summer because the sun stimulates the scalp. In autumn and winter, the weather is cloudy, cold, and the hair growth slows down, which can despair us sometimes.
How Can I Make My African Hair Grow Faster?
There are several ways to optimize hair growth. The main idea is to take care of the hair by finding the right balance: washing too often or with unsuitable shampoos may strip and harm the hair, yet too infrequent washing can suffocate the root hair because of the accumulation of impurities and sebum.
Thus, it is necessary to perform 2 to 3 piles of washing a week maximum, with mild hair products, why not organic, which will not strike the hair with additives and chemical ingredients. Then, ideally, let the hair dry naturally, absolutely opt-out straightening or curling irons, hair dryers that are too hot or the use of perms. As for curly hair and How Can I Make My African Hair Grow Faster, always favor gentle brushing when the hair is still wet, so as not to split too much or hurt the scalp.
How Long Does It Take For Natural Hair Color To Grow Back
Hair is arranged in follicular units, small groups of 1 to 4 hairs each. In very rare cases, we find follicular units of 5 or 6 hairs. In general, the growth phase (anagen) of a male hair ranges from 2 to 4 years while it lasts between 4 and 7 years for the female hair. Women can, therefore, have long hair more easily than men.
Ultimately, other factors affect the How Long Does It Take For Natural Hair Color To Grow Back, such as age, health, eating habits (protein intake, iron, zinc, vitamins A, B, C, E), the environment in which one lives in, the conditions of life and the way in which hair is styled (braiding, crimping, smoothing, discoloration, drying, etc).
How Long Does Black Hair Take To Grow?
According to our genetic inheritance, that inherited from the geographical origin of our ancestors, their properties and “How Long Does Black Hair Take To Grow” vary from one individual to another.
Medical and scientific studies on hair have led to the distinction of hair types in a given ethnic group. Each type of hair having similar tendencies: color, shape, density, thickness, and speed of growth.
The 3 classifications are Asian hair, Caucasian hair, and African hair:
- Asian hair has the lowest density (+/- 170 hairs/cm²). It grows the fastest (1.3 to 1.5 cm/month on average) and the thickest (90 to 120 μm). And some Asians have hair that grows by 2 cm/month.
- Caucasian hair has the highest density (200 to 300 hairs/cm²). It grows from 1 to 1.3 cm/month and a have a thickness of 70 to 100μm.
- African hair has an average density of 190 hairs/cm2. It grows the slowest (0.7 to 0.9cm / month) and is the thinnest (60 to 90μm).
Of course, these are only general tendencies, and miscegenation linked to the history of the human species brings many nuances to this classification. Anthropologists have broadened this classification according to the degree of the curl of the hair. Sex hormones also play an important role in How Long Does Black Hair Take To Grow. The male hormone is testosterone.
How Long Does It Take For Human Hair To Grow?
On the human scalp, there are approximately 50,000 to 65,000 follicular units that produce between 100,000 to 150,000 hair follicles. It is sometimes less, sometimes more, but the information to remember here is that a human has an average of 100,000 to 150,000 hair on the scalp.
- Life cycle of a hair: anagen -> catagen -> telogen.
Each hair passes 10 to 20 times in this cycle. At any given moment, about 90% of the hair is actively growing.
How Long Does It Take For Human Hair To Grow
- The growth phase, called anagen, can last from 2 to 7 years but the average is about 3 years.
- In the catagen phase, which lasts about 2 to 3 weeks, growth stops gradually. The middle of the follicle tightens and the deeper part opens up.
- The other 10% of the hair in the scalp is in a state of rest called telogen that lasts about 3 to 4 months on a normal scalp. When a hair enters the telogen phase, it no longer grows and its bulb is detached from the dermal papilla. The old hair is ejected so that the new stem begins to grow.
How Long Does It Take To Grow Waist Length Hair
Hair is a physical and biological feature shared by all human beings, but it has a lifespan, a speed of growth and a way of look that is specific to each individual.
How Long Does It Take To Grow Waist Length Hair?
- If a hair grows an average of 1.2 cm per month, it will reach a length of about 43 centimeters after 3 years. And if its growth phase lasts 5 years, it will be 72 cm after 5 years.
- But a man whose hair grows 1cm / month and has a growth phase of 2 years can never exceed a total length of 24 cm.
- Conversely, a woman whose hair grows 2cm / month with a 7-year growth cycle can theoretically reach a length of 1.68 m before they are detached from the scalp.
At The End
In the end, each individual’s hair has unique characteristics. Not everyone is able to have very long hair
How Long Does It Take For Natural Hair To Grow ⇒ On average, the hair grows between 0.3 to 0.44 mm/day, but given the impact of all the elements mentioned earlier, How Long Does It Take For Natural Hair To Grow is very variable from one individual to another. Despite how consistently they try to care for their hair, some individuals may be -physiologically- unable to have very long hair.
Tell us what you think of those ethnicity-hair statistics in the comments, and tell us if you have managed to make your hair grow longer and how.